Friday, May 13, 2011

Bring a friend to Buck Shaw...

Okay, okay – that last post was written when I was a little bit frustrated by the late equalizer in Vancouver.  In times of stress I’ve been known, on more than one occasion, to become more than a little sarcastic (or sardonic – I can’t remember which).  I find a sense of humor can often defuse tricky situations or allow cheerfulness in the face of adversity. 

The theme of my blog is a lighthearted look at our lives as fans and, come what may, I’m a diehard Quakes fan ready to support my team through thick and thin.  So it’s time to look forward to this week’s home game against Columbus Crew.  While the Quakes haven’t won in their last four games, the Crew hasn’t lost since their season opener.  Sometimes playing a team firing on all cylinders can be invigorating, and cause a team step up a notch. 

I know every one of the players in the starting XI wants to succeed in front of their home fans.  I know that every one of the players sitting on the bench, would rather be starting.  I know that every fan is rooting for the team ready to cheer the hat trick that brings a victory. 

Meet me at Buck Shaw?  If you know anyone who can play right midfield, bring him too…





No comments:

Post a Comment