Friday, March 25, 2011

[Your Name Here] Stadium?

Tonight’s drawing for the Mega Millions Lottery is up to $312M.  To put that into context, the current projection for the cost of the new San Jose Earthquakes’ stadium is $40-60M.  So, assuming I win the jackpot, and take the equivalent cash value $198M, even after tax and paying for the new stadium I’d still have $100M left over for that sprawling house, fast car and personal chef (you can see how I roll). 

The Nerd-O-Dome
Okay! I know that’s a really big assumption.  On a scale of certainty (you will die) to impossibility (you will not die) we’re definitely talking the unachievable end of the range.  But I can dream, and if it does happen, I am all ready with basic specs written with my lucky pencil on the back of a Lotto entry slip:
  • Covered seats: my rain-wear is still drying out form the Great Deluge, and the shade would also protect our heads from sunburn in day games in July and August.  I would also provide a grant to fund a Silicon Valley entrepreneur to design a solar-generated under-seat heating/cooling system for fans’ added comfort. 
  • Half-time pies: pies are a traditional staple in the diet of the northern football fan in the UK; they would have to be imported and would preferably be Holland’s Pies - totally worth the expense. 
  • Good Coffee/Great BeerBluebottle coffee, Green and Black’s hot chocolate, Fuller’s beer (specially warmed for any English fans) – all available on Yorder for service directly to your ergonomically designed reclining seat with an unrestricted view. 
Meanwhile, there's a voice in my head saying: "If my numbers come up - I will build it"; and I have an inexplicable urge to pull up some corn.

So, get out there with the numbers of your six favorite Quakes players.  If you win, that stadium could happen sooner, and your name would be in bright lights on the outside – just how cool would that be?


2 comments:

  1. I request a permanent spot for the taco truck! nom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will park your taco truck right next to the Louisiana Territory truck...

    ReplyDelete